great gray owls Of Montana winter Photo safari (SOLD OUT!)
January 16-20, 2018
Join professional photographer Zack Clothier on an ultimate 5 day owl photography safari in western Montana. The magnificent Great Gray Owl is the target species for this trip, but we may have opportunities for other owl species as well, including the tiny Northern Pygmy-owl. The Great Gray Owl, North America's largest owl, is a year-round resident of Montana, and the winter months provide us with the best chances to photograph and observe these secretive owls in their natural habitats. Great Gray Owls hunt throughout the day during the winter, and this should provide us with plenty of opportunities to capture the birds in flight. Group size is limited to just 4 participants, maximizing your experience even more. We will spend 3 full days in search of the owls, in a prime viewing location with little to no human pressure.
Some of the highlights of this tour include:
- See and photograph Great Gray Owls with a local, experienced guide.
- 3 Full Days of photography, with opportunities to capture the owls in flight
- Hands on instruction in the field, as well as post-processing instruction
- Group size is limited to 4 participants to maximize your experience!
Tuesday, January 16 (Day 1): Pick up in Missoula, Montana
Today we'll pick you up via group shuttle and transport you to our workshop location in western Montana. Pick up is scheduled for early afternoon (1 pm), so be sure to arrive in Missoula either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. That evening we will check into our lodging before gathering for a group dinner and orientation.
Wednesday, January 17-Friday, January 19 (Days 2-4): Great Gray Owls
We'll spend the next three days exploring the mountain meadows of Montana, searching for the elusive Great Gray Owl. After breakfast, we will depart early each morning, returning midday for lunch. After a short break for lunch we will depart once again, staying out until dusk each evening. Because the days are shorter at this time of the year, there will also be post processing instruction (Lightroom) in the evenings for those interested.
Saturday, January 20 (Day 5): Return to Missoula, Montana
We pack up to leave today, returning to Missoula by late morning for flights home.
$995 per person (Full)
A $300.00 deposit is required to reserve your spot.
This workshop is limited to a maximum of 4 participants.
Tour Prices Include:
- Transportation from and to Missoula at the start and end of the trip via group shuttle
- Transportation during the safari
- Professional guiding and instruction
- Water and snacks during the tour
Tour Prices DO NOT Include:
- Airfare to/from Missoula, Montana
- Lodging during the tour (a list of lodging recommendations will be emailed to you upon signing up for the tour)
- Lodging in Missoula before/after the tour
- Transportation to the workshop location from Missoula if you miss the shuttle
- Meals (except for snacks and water)
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Gratuity for Guides and Drivers
- The itinerary listed above is subject to change, due to unpredictable weather or other factors.
- Deposits are refundable up to 45 days prior to the start of the tour, minus a $250 administrative fee. Within 45 days, deposits will not be refunded unless your spot is taken by another client and the tour sells out.
- Your balance is due 30 days prior to the start of the tour. Failure to pay the balance in full will lead us to invite the next person on the waiting list.
- Full payment is due up front if booked 30 days or less in advance of the tour.
- Payments may be made via check or personal Paypal payment. If you wish to use a credit card, please add 2.9% to the total fee. We must wait for checks to clear before considering tour slots reserved or filled.
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour for any reason, including but not limited to a lack of participants. In such a case, your full deposit will be refunded. However, we are not responsible for any additional expenses incurred.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
Ready to sign up? Click the button below to register today!