Q: which airport should I fly into?
- Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport. Please schedule your flight for the morning of the tour, or the night before the tour if morning flights are not available. Pickup is scheduled for early afternoon (1-2pm). A group shuttle will be waiting for you to pick you up and transport you to Yellowstone.
q: what is the weather like in Yellowstone during the winter?
- The weather in Yellowstone can be very unpredictable any time of the year, and this certainly goes for winter as well. Average temperatures range from -20 to 20 above Fahrenheit, but can be as low as -40 Fahrenheit in the early mornings and evenings. Proper clothing is an absolute must for the winter in Yellowstone tour. A basic list of essentials will be emailed to you prior to the tour, but if you need specific recommendations on clothing, please don't hesitate to contact me. I will be more than happy to assist you in finding the right gear for the adventure!
Q: will there be any hiking involved on thIS tour?
- Activity during this tour will be limited to short walks. Participants should feel comfortable with short walks of less than 1-2 miles.
Q: Will the cold damage my camera equipment?
- Cold weather can have negative effects on things like camera batteries, camera LCD screens, tripods, and other accessories. We will take every precaution to protect our gear while out in the field.
Q: What Is A Snow Coach?
- Snow coaches are specialized, track-converted vehicles designed to navigate through the deep snow of the Yellowstone interior. Snow coaches and snowmobiles are the only means of travel in Yellowstone's interior during the winter months. The coaches are moderately heated, but we will be relying on the proper clothing to stay warm and comfortable during the tour.
Have a question not listed here? Contact Me!